Sunday, July 15, 2007

THE WILBERT COFFIN CASE
.
AND
.
JUSTICE GONE WILD
.
.
A TRAGIC REMINDER
.
From the beginning, it has been my plan and desire to do a complete and impartial assessment of the Wilbert Coffin affair. I knew that it would not be an easy task. I also knew that it would be easy to get caught up in the hype and sensationalism that had shrouded this case from day one.
.
Though never satisfied that true justice had been served, it was my desire nonetheless to display faith in our judicial system. Afterall, we live in a land called Canada. By United Nation standards, Canada, in all Her splendor, exhibits those qualities and characteristics consistent with those expected from the greatest democracy on the planet. In other words, if the government said this is the way it was, then it was final.
.
The system told us that Wilbert Coffin was guilty of murder in the first degree. The system dictated to us that because of Wilbert Coffin's guilt, Wilbert Coffin must die at the end of a rope in Bordeaux Jail. The punishment, we are told was just and absolute.
.
Rather than simply accept that which I had no control, I decided to prove that the government was correct, thus erasing those thoughts and fears of an innocent man going to the gallows.
.
A very short distance into my research and investigation, I could hear the alarm bells. It was not difficult to understand that a guilty verdict against Wilbert Coffin would be difficult to obtain if all the available evidence was presented at trial. Suddenly, I knew why I was here.
.
The Wilbert Coffin story is approaching conclusion. I now know the identity of the true killers of the American hunters in the woods near Gaspe'. These persons will be identified right here on the "Stoddard Online" website.
.
I can tell you that there are three persons who played an active role in the murder of Eugene Lindsey, Richard Lindsey, and Frederick Claar. I can also tell you that the names Wilbert Coffin and Jean Philippe Cabot are not involved.
.
You are going to see a document trail from Pennsylvania to Quebec. You will as well see a document trail from the Maritime provinces to Quebec and Pennsylvania. When it is all put together, I am confident that you will have little doubt as to who the killers are.
.
In any detective mystery there is someone who emerges as the hero. The Wilbert Coffin story can boast of such an individual. This was made possible because this person saw fit to surface some forty-three years ago,
.
Ladies and Gentlemen, it has been a long day. Lani Mitchell and I both thank you for all your support on the website.
.
Lew Stoddard

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about Christmas in July Lew. Best news ever.
PS - Aunt Marie made the walk

Anonymous said...

thats awesome news! i am really excited as i know the family is too. way to go lew! your help in all of this is amazing and i don't know how to thank you properly. the words do not seem enough. but for now Thank you!

Anonymous said...

great news, can't wait to see how allthe effort you have been putting into this resolves......thank you again Lew for the time and dedication you have given.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone,

This is the day that I want to pay special honour to a real special person. This person was kind enough to join my efforts on this web page approximately one year ago, and without doubt, because of her dedication and her hard work we enjoy the success of our venture today.

Please join me in wishing special greetings to a very special lady. "Happy Birthday" Lani Mitchell.

Lew Stoddard

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANI. From our family to you. There will always be a place in our hearts for you.
xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for all of your good wishes about my health.
I am doing great…

I completed my walk around the York River on Saturday as planed.
It was a brilliantly day here with out a cloud in the sky, the only draw back was that it was hot, very hot… On into the afternoon I did not know if I would be able to finish the walk.. But I did.

Many thanks for all of the donations.

Please pray for my brother’s case and God Bless You All.

Marie Coffin Stewart
Gaspe Quebec

Clément Fortin said...

I express a totally different view in my book L'affaire Coffin : une supercherie? (translation: The Coffin Affair is a hoax) recently published at Wilson & Lafleur, in Montréal. I hope an English version will be available soon. In the meantime, visit my blog:
http://fortinclement.blogspot.com